BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- You know it's been a crazy month for stocks when yesterday's 0.07% decline in the S&P 500 was one of the four biggest down days in May.
I, for one, don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. As breakneck as the market's pace has been this month, this rally has been nothing if not orderly -- I've been saying that since the S&P's uptrend started back in November. This week, as the broad market peeks up into overbought territory for the second time in this rally window, I think we're due for a correction. Just not necessarily a downward one.
After all, the last time the S&P hit "overbought" on is momentum gauge, the big index managed to keep its grasp on the top of its price channel for the next few weeks.We're not exactly in uncharted territory here -- so why should this time be any different? That's why, today, we'll take a technical look at five stock trades that look attractive right now. >>5 Rocket Stocks Ready for Blastoff For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Stocks Setting Up to Break Out
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV