Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.Tomorrow, May 22, 2013, 21 U.S. common stocks are scheduled to go ex-dividend. The dividend yields on these stocks range from 0.9% to 9.3%. All of these stocks can be found on our stocks going ex-dividend section of our dividend calendar.Highlighted Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow:Protective Life (NYSE:PL) shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 20 cents per share. At a price of $38.80 as of 9:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.1%.The average volume for Protective Life has been 485,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Protective Life has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the insurance industry. Shares are up 35.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys dividend stocks that have the potential for a 3% to 4% yield and 10% growth. Get his best picks for less than $50/year. Protective Life Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial services primarily in the United States. The company engages in the production, distribution, and administration of insurance and investment products. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.26.TheStreet Ratings rates Protective Life as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. You can view the full Protective Life Ratings Report now.
- See our top-yielding stocks list.
Latest Headlines about AWK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV