Cree, which Urken and Cramer liked back in 2010, did not pan out very well. When the company was producing backlighting for computer monitors, its margins came under increasing pressure from a commoditized market.
However, according to Cramer, now that Cree is in light bulbs and fixtures, it's a whole new ball game. "These are always football," he said, "meaning a guy likes it, a guy hates it." But he disagrees with the negative analysts covering the stock.
"They'll continue to grow their higher margin business," Urken added, referring to Cree. "On a pullback it might be interesting," she concluded.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV