LOS ANGELES, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ticketmaster, a Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. company, today announced the appointment of Jared Smith as the President of Ticketmaster North America. In this role, Smith is responsible for Ticketmaster's support, sales, distribution and marketing operations that service more than 10,000 key client accounts in North America and will add strategic oversight of the product development teams for the company's world-leading business-to-business ticketing software platforms.
"Jared continues to be a transformational leader in Ticketmaster's evolution," said Michael Rapino, CEO and president of Live Nation Entertainment. "His dedication to clients has consistently resulted in a greater than 100% net renewal rates and his innovative thinking has led to the creation of value-added services and products to better support them and the fans they serve."
Formerly Ticketmaster's Chief Operating Officer, Smith revolutionized the company's approach to client engagement and transformed the client-facing sales and support organization. He also led the team to focus on data-driven products and services and technology-driven marketing tools.
Prior to joining Ticketmaster in 2003, Jared oversaw the administration, sales and marketing departments of the Columbus Civic Center in Columbus, Georgia, and served as the Executive Director of the Quad Cities Sports Commission in Moline, Illinois.About Live Nation Entertainment:Live Nation Entertainment(NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation Management and Live Nation Media/Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors. Follow us @twitter.com/LiveNationInc SOURCE Ticketmaster
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV