BEIJING, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. ("Xinyuan" or "the Company") (NYSE: XIN), a residential real estate developer with a focus on high growth, strategic Tier II and III cities in China, today announced that Tom Gurnee, the Company's Chief Financial Officer for the past four and a half years, plans to retire as CFO in August 2013. Mr. Gurnee will remain on the Company's Board of Directors following his retirement as CFO.
The Company has formed a search committee, which includes members of the Board's audit committee, to lead the effort to locate Mr. Gurnee's successor. The Company plans to have a new CFO in place prior to Mr. Gurnee's retirement in order to provide an orderly transition.
Mr. Zhang Yong, Xinyuan's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Tom has been an invaluable asset to Xinyuan in recent years and I want to thank him for his contributions to the growth, development, and stability of our business. Xinyuan has emerged much stronger and in a much better financial position thanks to his efforts. We wish him well in his retirement. The timing of his departure should allow for a smooth transition to a new CFO."
"It has been a privilege serving at Xinyuan and being enabled to build a strong financial team. It has been gratifying to be a part of the Company's strong growth and development over the years resulting in margin expansion, and a markedly improved balance sheet", commented Mr. Gurnee. "Xinyuan is well-positioned for growth in the years to come and I have a high level of confidence that the current organization will perform admirably. I look forward to assisting management as needed during this transition period."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV