HOUSTON, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Plains Exploration & Production Company (NYSE: PXP) announces that PXP's Board of Directors has declared a special one-time cash dividend of $3.00 per share, payable to PXP stockholders as of May 30, 2013, the dividend record date. The dividend is conditioned upon and will be paid immediately prior to or upon the completion of PXP's merger with Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX). The merger is expected to close on May 31, 2013, subject to the satisfaction of all conditions to closing.
PXP is an independent oil and gas company primarily engaged in the activities of acquiring, developing, exploring and producing oil and gas in California, Texas, Louisiana and the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico. PXP is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Additional information about PXP is available on PXP's website at www.pxp.com.
SOURCE Plains Exploration & Production Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV