LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBNT) ("Ubiquiti"), today announced the findings of its new 'State of WiFi Report' from The Mobile Marketplace, CTIA 2013, being held here this week. The findings identified an increasingly growing demand for WiFi access and availability; improved reliability; and enhanced performance as today's mobile workforce not only depends on WiFi for productivity, but also uses it as a competitive factor when deciding where to conduct business, stay and dine while traveling or on the go.
Overall, most users (48%) give WiFi a 'B' for its general availability and performance in their hometowns, however, when asked how they felt about WiFi in the workplace, 70% say productivity suffers when it isn't readily accessible. 52% admit that work-essential apps often cannot be used due to poor WiFi availability or reliability. And 71% agree that they'd use more demanding applications such as video and chat if faster WiFi were more widely available.
"WiFi has become a must-have capability for mobile workers—it's impacting revenue and worker productivity for businesses of all types and sizes," said David Hsieh, Chief Marketing Officer for Ubiquiti Networks. "Increasingly powerful mobile device capabilities mean user needs are outpacing existing networks in terms of accessibility, dependability and performance."
Of the 84% that reported having WiFi at work, 44% give their employers a B grade for its availability and performance. The cities with highest satisfaction, in order, are:
- Los Angeles, Detroit (tied)
- San Francisco
- New York, Washington, D.C., Houston, Orlando (tied)
- Sacramento, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia (tied)
- Dallas, Chicago (tied)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV