GENEVA, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EBACE -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been selected by Pilatus Aircraft Ltd. to supply the avionics suite for the newly announced Pilatus PC-24 Twin Jet. A combination of components from Primus Epic and Primus Apex will provide the core functionality, safety and display content for the Pilatus Advanced Cockpit Environment (ACE), designed specifically for the PC-24.
Primus Apex is proved on several platforms including the Pilatus PC-12 NG. Drawing on functionality from Honeywell's Primus Epic flight deck, which is available for larger cabin business and regional aircraft, Primus Apex for the PC-12 NG and Pilatus ACE for the PC-24 ensure the consistency of design philosophy and operational practices throughout the Pilatus business aircraft line. Pilots will have access to safety features and operational functionality previously reserved for the most sophisticated global business jets.
Pilatus ACE Features for the PC-24 include:
- SmartView Synthetic Vision System (SVS) provides pilots with advanced situational awareness, by synthesizing key flight information from multiple sensors and presenting it in one comprehensive, easy-to-understand picture on the cockpit's primary flight display, thereby reducing the risk of Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT).
- Honeywell's Integrated Navigation System (INAV) improves flight management through simultaneous display of flight path, traffic, terrain, airspace, airways, airports and navigation aids. INAV's Graphical Flight Planning provides intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) features that allow pilots to better manage changes to their flight plans.
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) II paves the way for future ADS-B In applications that allow optimization of spacing and traffic avoidance.
- Wi-Fi capabilities for wireless data transfer between Pilatus ACE and supported portable devices.
- Wide Area Augmentation System-Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (WAAS-LPV) offers navigational functionality with improved lateral and vertical accuracy, and enables pilots to make near-Instrument Landing System (ILS) Category 1 precision approaches.
- Protected Mode - Controller Pilot Data Link Communication (PM-CPDLC/Link 2000) capability, which enables mandated data communication between pilots and air traffic control, reducing pilot workload and improving communications.
- Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required 0.3 (RNP AR) capability to provide pilots with more accurate guidance for navigating challenging airports and terminal airspace and help improve the efficiency of landing with clearly defined, reliable and repeatable flight paths.
- Victor Valente, Vice President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace, EMEAI
- Oscar J. Schwenk, Chairman of the Board, Pilatus Aircraft Ltd.
- Read more about Honeywell's Business Aviation offerings
- Read about Honeywell at EBACE 2013
- Read more about Pilatus
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV