Similar infringement proceedings have also been filed in The Netherlands and Ireland.
The proceedings follow a favorable ruling for OrbusNeich by the European Patent Office (EPO) on February 11, 2013, in connection with the '482 patent. The EPO decision, which has been appealed, upheld the claim of the '482 patent, as amended, against an opposition by Boston Scientific and Terumo, claiming the patent was invalid.
OrbusNeich is a global company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical devices for the treatment of vascular diseases. Current products are the world's first pro-healing stent, the Genous™ Stent, as well as other stents and balloons marketed under the names of Azule™, R stent™, Scoreflex™, Sapphire™, Sapphire II™ and Sapphire NC™. Development stage products include the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent™, the world's first dual therapy stent. OrbusNeich is headquartered in Hong Kong and has operations in Shenzhen, China; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Hoevelaken, The Netherlands; and Tokyo, Japan. OrbusNeich supplies medical devices to interventional cardiologists in more than 60 countries. For more information, visit www.OrbusNeich.com.Media Contact: Jed Repko - Bryan Darrow - Taylor Ingraham Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher 212-355-4449 SOURCE OrbusNeich Medical Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV