Social Trading: What We Can Learn From 50 Million Trades
LONDON, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
eToro, the world's largest social investment network, has reached the major landmark of 50 million trades by its users. This number shows the success of the company's vision of making the financial markets accessible for everyone to trade in a simple and transparent way.
eToro's social investment network has now grown to more than 2.75 million users. The scale of this community is one of its key strengths: individual users benefit from the collective knowledge and experience of the crowd. Indeed, 32 million (64%) of the trades were copied trades, in which one user copies the trade of another. This facility gives confidence to those dipping their toe into this new form of investing for the first time, and this figure demonstrates its popularity.A very interesting take out of this study is that traders with a large number of users copying their trading activity, are adapting their trading strategy from high risk to medium risk and lower. This is what we describe as the responsible social trading phenomena. Evidence to this conclusion can be also found in the fact that 80% of all traded positions have been executed with medium risk, and held for an unexpected average of 13 days. "It's amazing that we reached 50 million trades so quickly," said Yoni Assia, CEO and Founder of eToro. "It confirms that our users crave a simple yet innovative way to access and invest in the financial markets. Our users share a common financial goal and help each other to achieve it. This is best reflected by the readiness to copy the trades of any other user in the network. Since full transparency is the true essence of our social investment network, we see our network getting smarter and better at picking the right investment opportunities every day."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV