Tornado Leaves 51 Dead in Oklahoma: Reports
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - A massive tornado has cut a swath of destruction across the suburbs of Oklahoma City, according to published media reports, leaving at least 51 people dead.
The Associated Press reports that the tornado flattened multiple buildings in Moore, about 10 miles south of the city. At least 51 people were killed, with officials saying that the death toll was expected to rise.
Local Oklahoma news service News9.com reported that two schools were destroyed by the twister. Oklahoma hospitals say that they have treated about 120 people, including 50 children.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has already deployed an Incident Management Assistance Team, Urban Search & Rescue Teams, and an Medical Emergency Response Support Team to hard-hit areas in Oklahoma, according to the White House blog.-- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV