AmeriCares Disaster Response Team Headed To Oklahoma
STAMFORD, Conn., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AmeriCares is deploying an emergency response team to Oklahoma City to coordinate deliveries of relief supplies and medical aid for tornado survivors. The aid organization has reached out to health clinics, food banks and nonprofit organizations in the region with offers of assistance.
"We expect to have a team on the ground in Oklahoma in the morning, assessing needs and coordinating deliveries," said Garrett Ingoglia, AmeriCares vice president of emergency response.
AmeriCares has delivered medical relief and humanitarian assistance to millions affected by natural and man-made disasters worldwide for 30 years. Its disaster response experts have responded to hurricanes, tornadoes and wildfires in the United States including an ongoing $5 million Hurricane Sandy Relief program. AmeriCares often delivers cleaning supplies to help families cleaning up storm damage, as well as medical aid for evacuees with chronic health problems forced to flee their homes without their prescription medicines. The organization also helps to rebuild health care facilities damaged by disasters.For more information, or to donate to AmeriCares U.S. Disaster Relief Fund, go to americares.org About AmeriCaresAmeriCares is a nonprofit global health and disaster relief organization that delivers medicines, medical supplies and aid to people in need around the world and across the United States. Since it was established in 1982, AmeriCares has distributed more than $11 billion in humanitarian aid to 164 countries. For more information, visit americares.org MEDIA CONTACT: Donna Porstner: cell (516) 607-1180 email@example.com Leslie Gianelli cell (203) 988-0390 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE AmeriCares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV