ITASCA, Ill., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Garza Long Group located in Weslaco, Texas. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in November 2011, Garza Long Group (GLG) offers a wide range of employee benefit program consulting services for their employer clients in the Rio Grande Valley and throughout Texas. They provide health and welfare strategic planning and design, voluntary benefits, wellness, benefits administration and human resource consulting with a specialization in public entity businesses. Robert Garza, Nick Long and their associates will continue to operate in their current location under the direction of John Neumaier, South Central Regional Executive Vice President of Gallagher's employee benefit consulting and brokerage operations.
"As part of our acquisition strategy, we continue to find outstanding partners that help expand our geographic presence and consulting expertise, and GLG is a good example of how effective that strategy can be," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Their south Texas presence and areas of specialization will be terrific complements to our employee benefits operations. We are pleased to welcome Robert, Nick and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 19 countries and offers client-service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.Contact: Marsha J. Akin Director - Investor Relations630-285-3501 – email@example.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV