- Update the phone number and e-mail address on your FPL account.
- When you call, our computers recognize your phone number and automatically match it to your FPL account.
- Keep a copy of your FPL bill with you or store your account number in your smart phone or other electronic device. Having your FPL account number handy will help us serve you more quickly.
- By calling 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243) and entering your account number, you will be able to receive information through our automated system.
- Have your trees properly trimmed to minimize their potential impact on your home and neighborhood. Make sure this is completed prior to a Hurricane Warning when trash pickup will be suspended.
- Do not attempt to trim any vegetation growing near any overhead power lines. Only specially trained line-clearing professionals should work around power lines. Check your local listings to locate a contractor qualified to trim vegetation around power lines.
- If someone in your home is dependent on electric-powered, life-sustaining medical equipment, review your family emergency plan for backup power or make arrangements to relocate when a storm warning is issued.
- Keep a battery-operated radio with you and a two-week supply of fresh batteries. A battery-operated radio may be the only way you will receive emergency public information during a disaster. Also stock up on:
- non-perishable food
- extra batteries
- baby supplies
- pet food
- Purchase bottled water. The American Red Cross recommends one gallon of water per person per day.
- Check emergency equipment:
- battery-operated radios
- extension cords
- emergency generators
- If your preparation plans include the operation of a portable generator, test it now. Be sure to set it up outside away from all open windows, including neighbors' windows, and connect appliances directly to it. Do not wire your generator directly to your breaker or fuse box, because the power you generate may flow back into power lines and cause injuries. It's also a good idea to have a carbon monoxide alarm inside your home.
FPL Urges Customers To Make Storm Season Preparations Now
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.