NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Mad Money" Research Director Nicole Urken sat down with TheStreet's Jim Cramer to talk about master limited partnerships.
With the recent run in stocks, many investors are left wondering where to put their money to work. Bonds won't work, according to Cramer -- even municipal bonds, because they don't yield enough and can't keep pace with inflation.
Cramer said investors need to own REITs, utilities (for growth) and some MLPs, noting, you "only need to get rich once." Urken added that some of their favorite MLPs include Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) and Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP).
Urken noted that in all MLPs you want to look for three things, and specifically Kinder Morgan and Enterprise Products offer them: strong management, a continually growing yield and the least exposure to commodities.Cramer added that companies such as General Mills (GIS) and Campbell Soup Company (CPB) are quality companies with healthy dividends, but lack a favorable yield after the run in stocks this year. Urken concluded that MLPs are "just right for this environment." To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in New York..
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV