3. As of noon trading, Emerson Electric ( EMR) is up $0.70 (1.18) to $60.06 on average volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.05-$60.08 after having opened the day at $59.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.36. Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $41.7 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts