4. As of noon trading, Watson Pharmaceuticals ( WPI) is up $3.15 (2.51) to $128.65 on heavy volume Thus far, 5.4 million shares of Watson Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $126.63-$131.24 after having opened the day at $127.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $125.50. Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, sale, and distribution of generic and brand pharmaceutical products in the United States, western Europe, Canada, Australasia, Asia, South America, and South Africa. Watson Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Watson Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Watson Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Watson Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts