1. As of noon trading, Bank of America Corporation ( BAC) is up $0.11 (0.82) to $13.54 on light volume Thus far, 53.1 million shares of Bank of America Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 147.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $13.39-$13.60 after having opened the day at $13.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.43. Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. Bank of America Corporation has a market cap of $144.0 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Bank of America Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of America Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Get the full Bank of America Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts