NetApp (NTAP) reports results on Tuesday May 21, as shares hover near a 52-week high. The company is working with Goldman Sachs to increase shareholder value. Options include returning cash, proposing a new director, and cutting jobs in the units that are underperforming.
NetApp rose 7% last week after a nearly 5% position was taken by Elliott Associates. The position suggests that a push will be made to change the board. Elliott Associates was responsible for pushing for the privatization of BMC Software. BMC was sold to Bain Capital and Golden Gate Capitall for $46.25 per share.
Written by Chris Lau
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV