LAS VEGAS, May 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today at the Momentum® 2013 conference, Manhattan Associates' (Nasdaq:MANH) President and CEO Eddie Capel introduced Supply Chain Commerce™, Manhattan's vision for redefining the supply chain and the primary focus of Manhattan's innovation efforts and investments. Supply Chain Commerce is a fundamental change in how two historically separate functions come together, creating unprecedented growth opportunities between buyers and brands and a tool for executing a successful omni-channel strategy.
Tweet this news! .@manhassocnews' CEO Eddie Capel paints a new vision for #supplychain at Momentum® 2013 #ManhMo www.manh.com/news/supply-chain-commerce
"Commerce thrives when companies get closer to their customers," said Capel. "Manhattan has invested more than $300 million in research and development since 2006 to develop a platform-based, Supply Chain Commerce solution architected to anticipate, align and adapt to the new omni-channel landscape."Manhattan is a recognized leader in supply chain experience and innovation and it will continue to lead its customers through the digital revolution with customer-centered Supply Chain Commerce solutions that connect front-end commerce and sales systems with back-end supply chain performance and efficiency, on a common technology platform. "Omni-channel isn't just about retail—all industries, including wholesale and manufacturing, sell through multiple channels in this new environment," continued Capel. As part of Eddie's Momentum keynote, he outlined several specific capabilities that Supply Chain Commerce delivers to help create great customer experiences and improve brand loyalty, including: network-wide selling infrastructure and end-to-end control of inventory distribution.
- Network-wide selling infrastructure: Provides customers a responsive framework for access to the products they want, on their terms. Customer-centric planning, network inventory availability, enterprise-wide order orchestration and flexible fulfillment—across all demand channels.
- End-to-end control of inventory distribution: Provides the ability to support the brand's promise and service levels with flawless execution at the best possible margins. Intelligent forecasting, lean replenishment, cost-effective transportation and scalable inventory management—across every part of the distribution network.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts