Frontier Communications Corp Class B (NASDAQ: FTR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.10%. Frontier Communications Corporation, a communications company, provides regulated and unregulated voice, data, and video services to business, residential, and wholesale customers in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.33. The average volume for Frontier Communications Corp Class B has been 8,982,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Frontier Communications Corp Class B has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Frontier Communications Corp Class B as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.96% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although FTR had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 79.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $26.77 million to $48.14 million.
- FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP's EPS of $0.14 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.14. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.23 versus $0.14).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.07 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, FTR has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $359.29 million or 6.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Frontier Communications Corp Class B Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV