RICHMOND, Va., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BB&T Scott & Stringfellow celebrates its 120 th anniversary in business today, but the highly respected brokerage and financial services firm isn't looking in the rear-view mirror long as it plans for future growth.
"BB&T Scott & Stringfellow is proud of our rich heritage and deep community roots, and we're equally proud of our longtime affiliation with BB&T," said Bryan S. Cram, BB&T Scott & Stringfellow Private Client Group president. "We are excited about our ability to provide quality investment advice and comprehensive investment strategies. Our affiliation with BB&T Capital Markets, BB&T Wealth and BB&T Insurance Services enhances our capacity to meet the financial needs of clients in our legacy markets as well as new locations."
With two new offices already opened in Florida in the past six months – one in Jacksonville in December and another in Fort Lauderdale in early May – BB&T Scott & Stringfellow is pursuing expansion plans throughout the Southeast and mid-Atlantic regions. The firm expects to open a new office in the affluent Baltimore suburb of Hunt Valley, Md., later this year and is considering locations in Kentucky, Texas and Alabama for possible future openings.
BB&T Scott & Stringfellow was formed May 20, 1893, by Frederic William Scott and Charles S. Stringfellow Jr., who believed exceeding their clients' expectations was the best recipe for success."The firm has evolved into a highly respected regional brokerage firm recognized for lasting client relationships based on mutual respect and trust," said S. Buford Scott, chairman of BB&T Securities. The firm became part of BB&T in 1999, and in early 2013, as part of a rebranding effort to highlight the benefits of the affiliation, combined names to become BB&T Scott & Stringfellow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV