OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill., and ZURICH, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (NASDAQ: VDSI), ( www.vasco.com ), a leading software security company specializing in authentication products and services, today announced its acquisition of Cronto, of Cambridge (UK), a provider of secure visual transaction authentication solutions for online banking ( www.cronto.com ). VASCO acquired all of the stock of Cronto in exchange for an initial cash consideration of Euro 15 million and contingent cash consideration in the form of an earn-out of up to a maximum of Euro 2 million (combined, approximately $21.9 million using the exchange rate of 1.29).
The acquisition was financed from VASCO's existing cash balances. The acquisition is expected to be dilutive in 2013, due in large part to the amortization of purchased intangible assets. The acquisition is expected to be accretive in 2014.
Cronto was founded in 2005 as a University of Cambridge spin-out and is the market leader in the field of secure visual transaction authentication and signature solutions for online banking applications. The CrontoSign solution (also known as photoTAN) has been chosen to secure transactions of customers of leading German and Swiss banks such as Commerzbank AG and Raiffeisen Switzerland.
Cronto's patented CrontoSign technology is a simple, user friendly and effective way to withstand even very sophisticated attacks by Trojan malware, targeting online banking services. CrontoSign protects against such attacks as it allows the bank to establish a secure optical communication channel with the client. Account holders can simply "scan" a CrontoSign image displayed on their bank's website and verify the details of the payment on a trusted display. They can choose between the CrontoSign mobile application or a dedicated CrontoSign hardware device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV