Detroit-based Ford Motor (F) has seen some trials and tribulations of its own in the last several years. The firm was the sole automaker to avoid bankruptcy in the wake of the financial crisis, and its about-face has been more than just financial. The firm substantially improved its car lineup, revamping everything from styling to build quality.
Those product improvements were long overdue. Despite quality widely touted for Ford's lackluster sales in years past, management did little more than lip service to correct the problem. Now Ford is scoring top marks from automotive journalists and review agencies, and that boosted sentiment is flowing down to consumers too.Europe continues to be a sore spot in Ford's performance. Because the region makes up more than 21% of Ford's revenues, a challenging economic environment in the EU translates into revenue challenges at Ford. But the firm has managed to offset Eurozone challenges with sales leaps in markets like China, which ultimately hold more promise over the next decade for the company anyway. With major milestones getting hit day by day (like the firm's advancement to an investment-grade credit rating), investors could do a lot worse than Ford right now, especially as auto sales here at home continue to get fuelled by record-low interest rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV