Schweitzer Elected Chairman Of Stillwater Board
Wall Street analyst John Bridges, of J.P. Morgan, said a succession plan for McAllister had been initiated a year ago when two new board members came on, so it came as no surprise he's leaving.
He added that the primary changes sought by Schweitzer and the Clinton Group already have come to pass, with the company pulling back on spending in Argentina and devoting more capital to expansion plans in Montana.
McAllister was bringing in about $5 million a year over the last years in the dual role of chairman and CEO. Schweitzer said it will be up to the board's compensation committee to recommend how much to pay whoever fills those two positions now that they have been separated.
Under the prior board, company directors made roughly $200,000 annually, ranging in 2012 from a low of $187,240 to a high of $241,754 among those directors who served the entire year.___ Brown reported from Billings, Mont.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV