NEW YORK, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paulson & Co. Inc., whose funds own as of the record date 12,800,000 shares or approximately 9.9% of the outstanding shares of Plains Exploration & Production Co. (NYSE: PXP), today issued the following statement regarding the amended merger agreement between Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX) and Plains:
"Paulson & Co. appreciates the flexibility of both Plains and Freeport in adding incremental cash to the transaction and will vote all the shares owned by funds under its management in favor of the merger. We further support Freeport's strategy in acquiring both Plains and McMoRan Exploration as it adds another avenue for growth, diversifies its cash flows, and increases the proportion of earnings from the United States."
Paulson & Co. Inc., founded in 1994, is an investment management firm specializing in event-driven strategies. Paulson & Co. Inc. has offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
For more information, contact: Dawn Dover/ Andrea CaliseKekst and Company(212) 521-4800SOURCE Paulson & Co. Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV