NEW YORK, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paulson & Co. Inc., whose funds own as of the record date 12,800,000 shares or approximately 9.9% of the outstanding shares of Plains Exploration & Production Co. (NYSE: PXP), today issued the following statement regarding the amended merger agreement between Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX) and Plains:
"Paulson & Co. appreciates the flexibility of both Plains and Freeport in adding incremental cash to the transaction and will vote all the shares owned by funds under its management in favor of the merger. We further support Freeport's strategy in acquiring both Plains and McMoRan Exploration as it adds another avenue for growth, diversifies its cash flows, and increases the proportion of earnings from the United States."
Paulson & Co. Inc., founded in 1994, is an investment management firm specializing in event-driven strategies. Paulson & Co. Inc. has offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
For more information, contact: Dawn Dover/ Andrea CaliseKekst and Company(212) 521-4800SOURCE Paulson & Co. Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV