MCLEAN, Va., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY will begin a strategic expansion of its iconic Ad Meter platform beyond Super Bowl advertising this year by engaging its online panel to determine the year's 'best of the best' in sports, both on and off the field.
Ad Meter: Year In Sports will encompass rankings across a range of sports categories—both advertising- and non-advertising related—as determined by the Ad Meter panel vote. The Ad Meter panel will be recruited during the month of November, with eligibility open to both current members and new participants.
Also throughout the month of November, the Ad Meter: Year In Sports' digital platform will profile the top categories via video, editorial and consumer social sentiment. During the first week in December, the panel will vote across categories with all final results being revealed on Monday, December 9, 2013. After the official panel results are revealed, USA TODAY Sports will honor winners across categories and look back at the top moments of 2013 with an industry event held in New York City.
This marks just the fourth time in its 25-year history, and the first time since 1997, that USA TODAY has utilized its Ad Meter platform beyond the Super Bowl. The previous Ad Meter expansions came in 1996, in conjunction with the Summer Olympics, and in 1997, surrounding the series finale of "Seinfeld."This will mark the first time that the Ad Meter panel will be utilized to rank non-advertising topics, including "Best Athlete Endorsement," "Most Impactful Sports Story (off the field)," "Funniest Tweet by an Athlete" and "Most Dramatic Sports Moment of the Year," as well as other engaging categories that capture the year in sports and fuel the national conversation around it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV