SAN JOSE, Calif., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Echelon Corporation (NASDAQ: ELON), the world's leading control networking platform provider, today announced the industry's first street lighting system incorporating both ISO 14908-compliant radio frequency (RF) and power line communications technologies on the same network connection, and provisioned and operated by the same management application. Echelon will demonstrate its new street lighting solution at the LumiVille 2013 show in Lyon, France, to be held from May 28 th – May 30 th 2013.
"We're offering a no-compromise street light control solution," said Varun Nagaraj, senior vice president and general manager, Echelon. "By supporting both RF and power line operations and control within the same network, our new solution frees integrators and service companies to easily deploy the best technology for a particular lighting environment."
For example, power line might be a better medium than RF in a parking structure with a lot of concrete, but RF might be a superior choice in a neighborhood with sparse luminaire density.
In addition to improving reliability by matching the technology to the environment, Echelon's new street light control solution offers additional advantages:
- The use of a common backhaul and management environment minimizes acquisition cost, and eases installation, commissioning and management.
- The ISO 14908 standards-based solution works with a range of luminaires, including emerging technologies such as LEDs as well as existing technologies such as induction lighting.
- Compared to just using high efficiency lamps, street light controls can further lower energy use by up to 30 percent and reduce the cost of operating the street light infrastructure.
- By increasing reliability and reducing the cost of deployed systems, the new capabilities being demonstrated will improve street light projects' overall return on investment (ROI).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV