CANTON, Mass., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today updated the brand's Dunkin' App for mobile payment and gifting, introducing a new language setting that enables users to view content in English or Spanish. With the new setting, Dunkin' Donuts becomes the first national coffee retailer to make information, features and special offers within its mobile app available in both languages. Dunkin' Donuts also announced that the company's official website ( www.dunkindonuts.com) can also now be viewed in both English and Spanish languages.
Available for free from the App Store on iPhone or iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore and from the Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store, the Dunkin' app enables guests to pay for food, beverages and merchandise at participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts restaurants by scanning their Dunkin' Donuts Cards stored in the app either in-store or at the drive-thru. The Dunkin' App also allows guests the option of sending Dunkin' Donuts virtual cards to friends, family and colleagues with the mGift feature. Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be mGifted three ways – via text, email or Facebook Connect. And, guests can enjoy mobile offers via the "My Offers" tab, where they can receive exclusive, geo-targeted regional discounts and promotional offers for Dunkin's famous coffee and other favorite menu items.
"As the Hispanic population continues to grow, we believe it is important to continue to find new and meaningful ways to enhance our relationships and brand equity within the Hispanic marketplace," said Xavier Turpin, Director of Multicultural Marketing for Dunkin' Donuts. "Our mobile app has helped millions of busy, on-the-go people run on Dunkin' faster and more conveniently. As our guests rely on their mobile devices more than ever, we are excited to make our app, as well as our mobile-friendly website, available in Spanish, deepening our connections with our Hispanic guests who make Dunkin' Donuts part of their daily lives."Dunkin' Donuts has an increasing focus on serving and marketing to the rapidly growing Hispanic community. In 2012, the company launched an integrated Hispanic advertising and marketing campaign asking people, "Que Estas Tomando?" (What are you Drinkin'?). The Spanish-language campaign introduced the brand's first Spanish tagline, "America Se Mueve Con Dunkin'," which is the equivalent to the general market tagline, "America Runs On Dunkin'." In addition to its media advertising to Hispanic consumers, the company's expanding multicultural marketing includes a recent partnership with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) to make Dunkin' Donuts coffee part of Latin music's biggest nights. Dunkin' Donuts also has a presence in various local cultural events, including the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City. The Dunkin' App connects guests to the brand with an exciting array of tools and information to make any Dunkin' run fast and easy. Highlights include:
- Purchase, register and reload a Dunkin' Donuts Card: Guests can purchase a new Dunkin' Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin' App supports payment using American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Pay right from the app using a Dunkin' Donuts Card: Guests can purchase Dunkin' Donuts products with the Dunkin' App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin' Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
- Send an mGift: Dunkin' Donuts virtual cards can be sent to friends, family or colleagues via email, text or Facebook. The cards also come in a variety of designs for various occasions and can be sent in denominations of between $2 and $100.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin' Donuts: A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to locate, find directions to and information about nearby Dunkin' Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store WiFi, drive-thru availability and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV