May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paragon Shipping Inc. (NASDAQ: PRGN) ("Paragon Shipping" or the "Company"), a global shipping transportation company specializing in drybulk cargoes, announced today that it has signed an agreement for a
$69 million credit facility with China Development Bank ("CDB Credit Facility") to partially finance its two 4,800 TEU containerships currently under construction, that are expected to be delivered in the second quarter of 2014. The Company has granted an option to Box Ships Inc. (NYSE : TEU), a subsidiary of the Company until its initial public offering in 2011, to acquire the vessels at any time prior to their delivery to Paragon Shipping.
The CDB Credit Facility, which is available for drawdown upon the delivery of the vessels subject to certain contingencies and conditions, will be used to finance the lower of 60% of the construction cost of the vessels, or 80% of the vessels' market value at delivery. The facility matures ten years after the drawdown date. Under the terms of the credit facility, amounts borrowed will bear interest at LIBOR, plus a margin of 4.00%. The financial covenants and other conditions contained in the CDB Credit Facility are similar to the ones contained in the Company's existing credit facilities. In addition, this facility can be freely transferred to Box Ships Inc. if Box Ships decides to declare its option to acquire these vessels before their delivery.
In addition, the Company has agreed with the syndicate led by Nordea Bank Finland Plc ("Nordea"), subject to definitive documentation, to remove the condition precedent under which drawdown of the loan is subject to the prepayment of the Company's loan outstanding to Box Ships Inc. from our syndicated secured loan facility entered into between the Company and Nordea, as Agent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV