SAN DIEGO and COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zogenix, Inc. (Nasdaq:ZGNX) and Battelle Memorial Institute today announced new data supporting the value of the DosePro® needle-free injection technology in the delivery of biologics. The positive, new data will be presented in four poster presentations, including two posters co-authored by MedImmune, LLC, the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca plc, and Zogenix; and two posters co-authored by Battelle and Zogenix, at the 2013 American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) National Biotechnology Conference, May 20-22, 2013 in San Diego.
The data presented in these posters show that the DosePro technology is compatible with monoclonal antibodies formulations and a range of biologic formulation viscosities which are challenging to deliver via standard autoinjector technologies. The studies found that injection of these formulations were within the acceptable criteria for injection time and peak pressure and that there were no changes in molecular integrity, observable tertiary structure, purity or potency following injection. The data also show that needle-free technology such as DosePro has the potential to positively impact patient acceptance of self-injectable therapies, leading to greater adoption and adherence of subcutaneously administered biologics.
John Turanin, Vice President and General Manager, DosePro Technology, at Zogenix, commented, "This new data represents an important step in addressing the need for delivery technology for biologics by demonstrating DosePro's compatibility with the viscous formulations and the impact of needle-free delivery on patient confidence. We believe the AAPS National Biotechnology Conference will be an excellent forum to introduce the DosePro system to potential biopharmaceutical partners looking for innovative delivery technology solutions for their current and future self-injection therapies."The four posters to be presented at the AAPS National Biotechnology Conference include:
- In Vitro Integrity of Two Recombinant Human Monoclonal Antibodies after Instantaneous Injection by DosePro® Delivery Technology; Poster# M1012
- Injection Performance Assessment of Monoclonal Antibody Formulation Viscosity mimics Using an Instantaneous Injection Technology; Poster# M1013
- Adoption, Adherence, and Preferences Regarding Injectable Drug Delivery by Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis: Results of a Research Survey; Poster# T2010
- Devices for Delivery of Viscous Protein Formulations and their Impact on Protein Structure; Poster# T2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts