SHANGHAI, China, May 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq:JASO) ("JA Solar" or the "Company"), one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-performance solar power products, today announced its unaudited financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
First Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Shipments were 442.7 MW, consisting of 248.0 MW of modules , 189.5 MW of cells , and 5.2 MW of module and cell tolling, exceeding the high end of the Company's previous guidance of 430 MW and representing a decrease of 11.5% from the fourth quarter of 2012
- Net revenue was RMB 1.7 billion ($270.0 million), compared to RMB 1.7 billion ($ 268.9 million) in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Gross margin was positive 6.0%, compared to gross margin of negative 4.6% in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Operating loss was RMB 85.2 million ($13.7 million), compared to operating loss of RMB 493.9 million ($79.5 million) in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Net loss was RMB 206.5 million ($33.3 million), of which net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders was RMB 204.3 million ($32.9 million)
- Loss per diluted ADS was RMB 5.29 ($0.85), compared to loss per diluted ADS of RMB 15.06 ($2.42) in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter were RMB 2.8 billion ($454.9 million), compared to RMB 3.0 billion ($ 488.1 million ) at the end of the fourth quarter of 2012
Mr. Baofang Jin, executive chairman and CEO of JA Solar, commented, "Shipments exceeded the high end of guidance in the first quarter thanks to solid sales across our key markets, particularly in regions with higher ASPs, resulting in improved gross margins and a significant reduction in net loss."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV