GENEVA, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EBACE -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has announced that its HTF7350, the latest engine to join its successful HTF7000 series, will power Bombardier's new Challenger 350* super midsize business jet.
In addition to the HTF7350, Honeywell will supply Bombardier with its 36-150 APU, which is currently on the Challenger 300 aircraft, its Inertial Navigation System and Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) database for improved navigation and situational awareness. Honeywell's pioneering EGPWS database is proved with more than 800 million flight hours to date and contains data on approximately 30,000 runways and 80,0000 objects in more than 10,000 airports worldwide.
The engine — a derivative of the HTF7000, which has proven its reliability by powering the Challenger 300 aircraft since its launch in 2003 — delivers a greater than 7 percent thrust increase and features Honeywell's latest systems designed to lower fuel consumption and reduce emissions. Boasting class-leading reliability, the HTF7000-series engine family has now surpassed 1.5 million flight hours with more than 99 percent dispatch reliability.With business jet owners under increasing pressure to maximize the cost-effectiveness of their operations, the HTF7350 balances performance and operational efficiency through innovations including the following:
- Efficient compressor design across the HTF7000 series that provides reduced Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption (TSFC) to lower operator costs.
- Honeywell's Single Annular Combustor for Emissions Reduction (SABER) technology reduces NOx, CO2 and unburned hydrocarbon emissions. With SABER, NOx emissions are up to 25 percent lower than International Civil Aviation Organization requirements.
- The HTF7000 series' key line-replaceable units (LRUs) help ease maintenance and can be quickly changed on the tarmac using simple hand tools to reduce costly grounding time.
- Targeted engine improvements deliver 7,323 pounds of thrust per engine, enabling the Challenger 350 aircraft a direct climb to 43,000 ft.
- Rob Wilson, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace
- Steve Ridolfi, President, Bombardier Business Aircraft
- About Honeywell's Business Aviation products and services
- About EBACE 2013
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV