ST.PETERSBURG, Russia, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, the world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, and the Russian Ministry of Education and Science announced the winners of the 2013 Scopus Awards Russia.
The Scopus Award program, first held in Russia in 2005, aims to support scientific research in Russia and honor its outstanding scientists. This year's event has been co-hosted by Elsevier and the Russian Ministry of Education and Science and is supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) and the Russian Academy of Science.
This year, the selection criteria are based on data from Scopus, the world's largest abstract and citation database for peer-reviewed literature. The selection criteria consist of h-index scores, the number of publications and citations as well as academic recognition at national level. The awards were presented by Mr. Andrey Polyakov, Ministry of Science and Education of Russia, Youngsuk "YS" Chi, Chairman of Elsevier and Dr. Igor Osipov, Elsevier's Regional Director for Russia and Belarus.The winners in the six award categories are: For outstanding contribution to the field of computer sciences: Sergei Obiedkov - Associate Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics and Information Science, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russian Federation. For outstanding contribution to the field of physics: Dr. Ruslan Metsaev - Researcher at P.N. Lebedev Institute of Physics, Moscow, Russian Federation. For outstanding contributions to the field of chemistry: Andrey Cheprakov - Associate Professor at Chemistry Faculty, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation. For outstanding contributions to the field of biology:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV