GENEVA, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] Business Jets (BBJ) is displaying a BBJ 3 for the first time at the 2013 European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva, Switzerland.
The airplane, based on the 737-900ER, was outfitted with its custom VIP interiors at Jet Aviation in Basel, Switzerland. The BBJ 3 is currently for sale, so the exterior remains "green" or unpainted, ready for a livery to be selected by a new owner.
The range of the BBJ 3 exceeds that of other business jets in its class. It can fly 4,900 nautical miles; more than 1,500 nautical miles (3 hours) farther than its direct competitor.
"The BBJ 3 range advantage is the reason why it has outsold its direct competitor by seven-to-one," said Capt. Steve Taylor, president, Boeing Business Jets. "Our customers demand airplanes with great performance, enabling them to conduct business around the world."The BBJ 3 also features lower cabin altitude, pressurizing the cabin at 6,500 feet versus 8,000 feet of other business jets. This allows BBJ passengers to arrive at their destination relaxed and refreshed without feeling jet lagged. The cabin interior is finished in a bright, high-gloss sycamore wood, with hand-crafted marquetry woodwork integrated in the entrance panel. It features a large main lounge and a smaller area for staff, a dining room and a bedroom suite with a queen-sized bed and bathroom with a shower. Jet Aviation has completed the interiors of two dozen Boeing commercial and private aircraft since 1978. "We value our long standing partnership with Boeing and look forward to continued success providing quality work and craftsmanship to our mutual customers," said Dan Clare, president, Jet Aviation. The BBJ 3 on display can carry 38 passengers and eight crew members. It has a large cargo area that holds 230 pieces of luggage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV