May 20, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- EBACE -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will be highlighting the operational benefits and momentum of its Retrofit, Modification and Upgrade (RMU) technologies at this year's EBACE show in
Having recently completed the first delivery to the
of its all-digital, full-High Definition (HD) Ovation Select Cabin Management System (CMS) on a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ), Honeywell is currently fitting the system on TAG Aviation's new Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft in partnership with Jet Aviation St. Louis. Delivery of the aircraft is expected in 2014.
EBACE attendees can experience a fully functioning mockup of the FAA and EASA-certified Ovation Select system, which is scalable and customizable to retrofit any business jet, during the show at Honeywell's booth (#487 Hall 6).
In addition, operators flying Honeywell's C-Series CMS can now take advantage of a new system refresh by Honeywell that brings full HD to their cabins. The upgrade enables C-Series users to take advantage of HD video and audio from onboard music, Blu-ray and PlayStation hardware for the first time to dramatically enhance the passenger experience.
As well as cabin retrofits and upgrades, Honeywell is announcing and showcasing several other avionics upgrades at EBACE including the following:
- A new range of SMART upgrades with discount pricing for the Cessna Citation X to improve navigation, pilot situational awareness, connectivity and safety. Upgrades include FMS 6.1, satcom and the newly EASA-certified Primus Elite glass cockpit and SmartLanding and SmartRunway safety upgrades. Customers will be able to take advantage of discount pricing for the duration of the show by visiting Honeywell's booth #487 or Cessna's booth #7091.
- FAA and EASA certification of Honeywell's Primus Epic-based EASy II flight deck for Dassault Falcon F2000 and F7X aircraft. EASy II offers operators a natural upgrade path for their EASy avionics that brings the latest safety applications to the cockpit, including Honeywell's SmartView Synthetic Vision System (SVS), SmartRunway, and Automatic Dependence Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) Out capability.
- In Q2 2013 Honeywell expects the completion of the first Dassault Falcon F2000EX and F7X retrofits of EASy II. Both retrofits are being completed by Dassault Falcon Service (DFS) and will be operated by Sirio and Planair, respectively.
- Recent EASA certification for Flight Management System (FMS) 6.1 on the Global Express that adds WAAS LPV capability. Honeywell also expects EASA certification for the Cessna Citation X, Falcon 900EX and Gulfstream GIV/GV in 2013.
"We are seeing significant growth in demand across our entire RMU portfolio, making it a very important part of our EBACE activities this year. We are bringing cost-effective, easy-to-install, certified technologies to the entire airframe to help operators extend lifecycles, meet changing regulatory and customer demands, and ultimately get more from their fleets."
- Rob Wilson, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace
Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at EBACE 2013 in
, May 21–23, at Booth #487.
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit
or follow us at
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in
Morris Township, N.J.
, Honeywell's shares are traded on the
, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.