GENEVA, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EBACE -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will be highlighting the operational benefits and momentum of its Retrofit, Modification and Upgrade (RMU) technologies at this year's EBACE show in Geneva (May 21–23).
Having recently completed the first delivery to the Middle East of its all-digital, full-High Definition (HD) Ovation Select Cabin Management System (CMS) on a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ), Honeywell is currently fitting the system on TAG Aviation's new Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft in partnership with Jet Aviation St. Louis. Delivery of the aircraft is expected in 2014.
EBACE attendees can experience a fully functioning mockup of the FAA and EASA-certified Ovation Select system, which is scalable and customizable to retrofit any business jet, during the show at Honeywell's booth (#487 Hall 6).In addition, operators flying Honeywell's C-Series CMS can now take advantage of a new system refresh by Honeywell that brings full HD to their cabins. The upgrade enables C-Series users to take advantage of HD video and audio from onboard music, Blu-ray and PlayStation hardware for the first time to dramatically enhance the passenger experience. As well as cabin retrofits and upgrades, Honeywell is announcing and showcasing several other avionics upgrades at EBACE including the following:
- A new range of SMART upgrades with discount pricing for the Cessna Citation X to improve navigation, pilot situational awareness, connectivity and safety. Upgrades include FMS 6.1, satcom and the newly EASA-certified Primus Elite glass cockpit and SmartLanding and SmartRunway safety upgrades. Customers will be able to take advantage of discount pricing for the duration of the show by visiting Honeywell's booth #487 or Cessna's booth #7091.
- FAA and EASA certification of Honeywell's Primus Epic-based EASy II flight deck for Dassault Falcon F2000 and F7X aircraft. EASy II offers operators a natural upgrade path for their EASy avionics that brings the latest safety applications to the cockpit, including Honeywell's SmartView Synthetic Vision System (SVS), SmartRunway, and Automatic Dependence Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) Out capability.
- In Q2 2013 Honeywell expects the completion of the first Dassault Falcon F2000EX and F7X retrofits of EASy II. Both retrofits are being completed by Dassault Falcon Service (DFS) and will be operated by Sirio and Planair, respectively.
- Recent EASA certification for Flight Management System (FMS) 6.1 on the Global Express that adds WAAS LPV capability. Honeywell also expects EASA certification for the Cessna Citation X, Falcon 900EX and Gulfstream GIV/GV in 2013.
- Rob Wilson, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace
- About Honeywell's Business Aviation products and services
- About EBACE 2013
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed