DEARBORN, Mich., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awards the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)
- 2013 Ford Fusion was also named Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the highest recommendation the organization has for vehicle safety
- In addition to top safety marks, Fusion Energi also achieves EPA-rated fuel economy of 100 MPGe combined, including 108 MPGe city/92 MPGe highway
The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has earned the highest possible "five-star" Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The five-star rating is the U.S. Government's highest-possible safety rating and is determined only after severe testing procedures as part of NHTSA's New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
The Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid joins the Ford Fusion and the Ford Fusion Hybrid which already received five-star safety ratings. NHTSA has elected to test plug-in vehicles separately from vehicles powered by gasoline internal combustion engines as the market share of electrified vehicles is increasing. April marked Ford's best hybrid sales month ever with Ford's EV market share hitting an all-time high of 18 percent, up from 3 percent last April.
"The Fusion Energi combines the highest possible safety ratings from NHTSA and great fuel economy, two things we know customers are looking for in their vehicles," said Steve Kenner, Global Director of the Ford Automotive Safety Office. "Our strategy is to provide our customers with a range of powertrain options in our vehicles, while still leading in fuel economy in every segment that we compete."The Fusion Energi gets an EPA fuel economy rating of 108 MPGe, which is five MPGe better than the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts