Haynes Leads Walmart FLW Tour At Lake Eufaula Presented By Straight Talk Wireless
EUFAULA, Ala., May 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pro Randy Haynes of Counce, Tenn., brought the largest stringer of the day to the scales Saturday, an impressive five-bass limit of 22 pounds, 2 ounces, to take the lead after day three of the Walmart FLW Tour at Lake Eufaula presented by Straight Talk Wireless. Haynes now enters the fourth and final day of competition as the No. 1 seed in the event featuring the world's best bass-fishing anglers casting for the top cash award of up to $125,000.
Haynes has brought a three-day total of 15 bass weighing 57 pounds even to the scales, which gives him a commanding 8-pound, 7-ounce lead over Straight Talk Wireless pro J.T. Kenney of Palm Bay, Fla., who caught five bass today weighing 14 pounds, 3 ounces. Kenney has weighed in 15 bass totaling 48 pounds, 9 ounces in his three days of competition."It was different out there for me today," said Haynes, who won the FLW EverStart series tournament just two weeks ago on Pickwick Lake. "Some of my holes that I had been fishing dried up, but I caught a couple in some new places today. I'm lucky that the bites that I had today were better bites. I hadn't caught one over 4 pounds this week, but I weighed in three over 4 pounds today." Haynes, known widely for his ledge-fishing prowess, is fishing his style in this event and targeting the off-shore ledges using a wide arsenal of baits. "I only have five or six different areas that I make sure that I always hit," Haynes said. "I'm throwing several different baits, but I've got a couple of them that I'm really dialed in on."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV