- Record Rightmove search activity in April: Those searching and researching the market got through a record 1.25 billion pages last month - up more than 20% on last year. Nearly 400 million of those pages were viewed on smartphones or tablets, a clear sign that home-movers are fully embracing the benefits of being able to search anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
- Busy surveyors mean more mortgage approvals on the way: Surveyors report that are 'flat out' carrying out mortgage valuations, indicating an 'off-radar pipeline' building up.
- London upwards price pressure continues: Feedback from London agents suggests that the market is 'brisk' and that 'multiple offers and sealed bids' are commonplace. A shortage of new supply coupled with more first-time buyers is keeping agents even busier than the hectic activity of last year.
Asking Price Records Tumble: National Nears Â£250k, London Passes Â£500k
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts