Los Angeles County High School For The Arts Cuts Ribbon On $31 Million Facility
LOS ANGELES, May 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- It's the training ground for L.A.'s most promising young talent and the alma mater of the likes of recording artist Josh Groban, actor Corbin Bleu and playwright Josefina Lopez. But since its founding in 1985, the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts has never really had a home of its own, having always shared facilities on the Cal State L.A. campus.
So it marked a milestone for "LACHSA" and arts education when the school's new $31 million facility was unveiled today at a grand opening ceremony.
"LACHSA's new building is more than a beautiful learning environment. It serves as a beacon of hope for the future of arts education in our public schools," said Arturo Delgado, superintendent of the Los Angeles County Office of Educations, which operates the school in partnership with Cal State L.A.
The three-level facility features 21 classrooms and black box theatre on 1.24 acres of land on the university campus. For the first time in nearly 30 years, LACHSA is able to hold academic classes in one building and has access to its own rehearsal and performance space."It has been more than two years since we broke ground on the new Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, and the wait has been well worth it," said Cal State L.A. President James M. Rosser. "Now some of the region's — and beyond — most talented young artists have a state-of-the-art facility that is esthetically beautiful and provides its talented and dedicated faculty and staff a variety of tools to engage and enable students' full potential." Elected and education officials joined with hundreds of students, families, alumni, school personnel and stakeholders for the afternoon grand opening ceremony held as part of the annual "LACHSALive" all-day festival of performances and exhibitions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV