The Democratic Republic Of The Congo Fixes October 2015 As The Date For The Launch Of The First Phase Of The Largest Hydroelectric Plant In The World
PARIS, May 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Following the initialling of an energy cooperation treaty between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Republic of South Africa on 7 March 2013, the DRC has now re-launched the process for the selection of a developer and established the objective of laying the first foundation stone for the Grand Inga project in October 2015.
The first phase of construction of the world's largest hydroelectric plant will start in October 2015 on the banks of the Congo River. With a power output of almost 40,000 MW, the Grand Inda project is expected to bring electricity to half of the African continent.At a meeting in Paris on 18 May 2013 organised by the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in the presence of a high level delegation from the Republic of South Africa, all of the stakeholders participated in a consultation process regarding the implementation of the first phase of the project, Inga 3, with a power output of almost 4,800 KW. The meeting, held under the auspices of Mr. Bruno Kapandji Kalala, Minister of Water Resources and Electricity of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, brought together the principal financial institutions, the candidates for the role of project developer, as well as technical, financial and legal advisors and experts. The aim of the meeting was to permit discussion with the project's key stakeholders of the main issues facing the project (the selection process, the perimeter, technical definition options, structuring, financing) with a view to determining how each partner might be involved. "All these exchanges served to clear various obstacles so that the development of Inga 3 can begin," said Minister Bruno Kapandji Kalala.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV