Thrift Takes Lead At Walmart FLW Tour At Lake Eufaula Presented By Straight Talk Wireless
EUFAULA, Ala., May 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chevy pro Bryan Thrift of Shelby, N.C., brought a five-bass limit to the scales weighing 16 pounds, 15 ounces to take the lead on day two of the Walmart FLW Tour at Lake Eufaula presented by Straight Talk Wireless. Thrift's two-day total of 10 bass weighing 37-5 gives him a 2-pound, 7-ounce lead over second-place pro Randy Haynes of Counce, Tenn., heading into day three of the four-day competition featuring the world's best bass-fishing anglers casting for the top cash award of up to $125,000.
"I'm fishing at least 50 different spots throughout the day," said Thrift, who has two previous top-10 finishes at Lake Eufaula in FLW competition. "I'm pulling in and making four or five casts, and then I'm moving somewhere else. All of the big fish that I have caught over the last two days have been biting on the first or second cast.
"Every stop I make, there is something down there – hard spots, standing timber, brush piles – something that is up off of the bottom a couple of feet," Thrift continued. "If you make the right cast and they are there, they're going to bite it."Thrift said that he found and marked all of these areas during his practice period. "I spent 12 hours a day idling around for three days," the Chevy pro said. "It was boring, it was hot and it was not very fun." Thrift said that his areas were mainly offshore, and varied in depths from 6 to 15 feet. He said that he only caught seven keeper fish throughout the entire day, and three of them were well under 2 pounds. Thrift also said that he was using only one bait, but was not yet ready to divulge any specifics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV