And that gives investors plenty to think about over the weekend.
Here are the forward P/E ratios for the large U.S. banks that showed gains of at least 2.5% on Friday:
- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (symbol) closed at $52.30 on Friday. The shares trade for 8.9 times the consensus 2014 earnings estimate of $5.94 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
- Capital One Financial (symbol) closed at $60.83, trading for 9.1 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $6.66.
- Morgan Stanley (symbol) closed at $25.19, trading for 9.9 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $2.54.
- Commerce Bancshares (symbol) of Kansas City, Mo. closed at $43.10, trading for 14.8 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $2.92.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.
>Contact by Email.Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV