4. Restaurants tapping into the all-day breakfast opportunity. Restaurants including McDonald's (MCD), Yum! Brands (YUM), Taco Bell and even Pinkberry are considering ways to tap into the $50 billion breakfast opportunity, according to Advertising Age .
Industry-wide it's one of the few areas of growth over the past decade, given "consumer trends in food, including the desire for speed, convenience, portability and more-healthful, fresher options," the article says.
5. GoDaddy launches restaurant-specific Web site designs. Expanding its resources for its small-business customers, domain services provider GoDaddy is partnering with Locu to give independent restaurants tools to manage their online presence, GoDaddy said on Friday.
Locu specializes in easy menu-management and has hundreds of thousands of menus from all over the U.S. pre-loaded into their database, waiting for a restaurant to claim them. Once claimed, a restaurant can set prices, change descriptions and add photos of their meals.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV