4. Restaurants tapping into the all-day breakfast opportunity. Restaurants including McDonald's (MCD - Get Report), Yum! Brands (YUM - Get Report), Taco Bell and even Pinkberry are considering ways to tap into the $50 billion breakfast opportunity, according to Advertising Age .
Industry-wide it's one of the few areas of growth over the past decade, given "consumer trends in food, including the desire for speed, convenience, portability and more-healthful, fresher options," the article says.
5. GoDaddy launches restaurant-specific Web site designs. Expanding its resources for its small-business customers, domain services provider GoDaddy is partnering with Locu to give independent restaurants tools to manage their online presence, GoDaddy said on Friday.
Locu specializes in easy menu-management and has hundreds of thousands of menus from all over the U.S. pre-loaded into their database, waiting for a restaurant to claim them. Once claimed, a restaurant can set prices, change descriptions and add photos of their meals.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts