NEW YORK, May 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carl Icahn today made the following statement on Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG):
I am very pleased with the tremendous support that our nominee, Samuel Merksamer, obtained from shareholders in winning a seat on the Transocean board of directors. Although we are disappointed that our nominee, Jose Maria Alapont, lost by approximately 1 million votes, we believe that the shareholders have today sent an unequivocal and vocal message to the incumbent directors and management, by voting out the Chairman, that immediate discipline must be brought to all fiscal and capital allocation decisions. We expect that the newly constituted board will take prompt action to deliver that sorely needed change.
I wish to thank all the shareholders who supported us.
SOURCE Carl Icahn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV