1. As of noon trading, Autodesk ( ADSK) is down $3.01 (-7.6%) to $36.77 on heavy volume Thus far, 11.5 million shares of Autodesk exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.40-$37.33 after having opened the day at $36.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.78. Autodesk, Inc. operates as a design software and services company worldwide. Autodesk has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Autodesk as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Autodesk Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts