3 Stocks Pushing The Metals & Mining Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Silver Wheaton Corporation ( SLW) is down $0.51 (-2.3%) to $22.06 on average volume Thus far, 3.2 million shares of Silver Wheaton Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $21.76-$22.53 after having opened the day at $22.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.57. Silver Wheaton Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates as silver and gold streaming company worldwide. The company has 20 long-term purchase agreements associated with silver and gold relating to 23 mining assets. Silver Wheaton Corporation has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 37.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Silver Wheaton Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Get the full Silver Wheaton Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts