3 Stocks Pushing The Metals & Mining Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, Agnico Eagle Mines ( AEM) is down $1.12 (-3.8%) to $28.23 on average volume Thus far, 1.0 million shares of Agnico Eagle Mines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.05-$28.97 after having opened the day at $28.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.35. Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral properties in Canada, Finland, and Mexico. It primarily explores for gold, as well as silver, copper, zinc, and lead. Agnico Eagle Mines has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 45.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Agnico Eagle Mines as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and unimpressive growth in net income. Get the full Agnico Eagle Mines Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts