1. As of noon trading, Edwards Life ( EW) is down $2.06 (-3.0%) to $66.55 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Edwards Life exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $66.41-$69.23 after having opened the day at $68.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.61. Edwards Lifesciences Corporation provides products and technologies to treat structural heart disease and critically ill patients worldwide. Edwards Life has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Edwards Life as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Edwards Life Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts