Cramer Quick Take: Learning About Vine
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer sat down with 'Mad Money' research director Nicole Urken and TheStreet's Ross Kenneth Urken. The Urken siblings are hoping to help Cramer understand Vine and its impact on the social media world.
Vine, which was acquired by Twitter in October 2012, is an app that allows users to share 6-second videos with their smartphones. It's the video equivalent of Twitter, which allows users to post 140 characters of text at a time to quickly interact with thousands of other people.
Cramer, who has been left in the dark about Vine and what it is used for, received a crash course on its inner workings. "Ultimately what you can do, is piece together a story," Nicole said. "People can feel like they're part of someone's day," she added.
"They use Vine as a branding mechanism," Ross Kenneth Urken said, referring to a recent album launch that featured Vine for short clips of music.He added, "A Turkish journalist actually Vine'd the bombing at the U.S. Embassy on February 1st," noting all of the different ways people can use the new social video service. "It's like time-lapsed photography," Cramer said, seeming to understand how it all works. Don't be surprised if you start seeing Cramer tweeting his new Vine clips. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV